Consumer Survey's 2017 Featured Hair Growth VitaminsUpdated 06/26/2017
We’ll show you how to find the most effective vitamins and why Amazon is a dangerous place to shop
Some products, however, aren’t as effective as others. Consumers' Survey has spent months compiling extensive research in this competitive category, and we’ve found the top hair growth vitamins on the market today.
What You Should Be Looking For In A Hair Vitamin.
Our comprehensive research has revealed that a quality hair vitamin should have many, if not all, of the ingredients listed below to support the hair repair cycle. These ingredients have been tested in third-party labs and proven to help hair repair and hair growth.
Did you know that up to 65% of the reviews on Amazon are fake?They're created by paid writers who, in many cases, don’t even try the product. Though checking reviews is important, we don't think it's safe to trust Amazon as a credible source of customer feedback. Relying on potentially fake reviews is a dangerous game to play with your health.
Start At The Scalp.
Keeping your scalp hydrated and clean is critical for healthy hair. A dry or oily scalp isn’t a good environment for healthy hair growth. In fact, it may cause your follicles to shrink or become inflamed.
Natural ingredients that help the scalp include:
- *Biotin – Hydrates and prevents buildup
- Vitamin A – A natural antioxidant that boosts skin cell regulation
- Vitamin K - Helps keep skin soft and hydrated
- Pantothenic Acid - Keeps the scalp and follicles clear of dandruff and oil
- Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) -Builds collagen and keratin for hydration
- Flax Seed Oil - Provides omega-3’ that regulate hydrating sebum oil
*The minimum clinically tested daily amount needed for hair growth is 2500mcg.
Repair And Protect The Follicle.
If your hair is damaged, thinning or growing slowly, your follicles are most likely damaged or shrunken. Hair growth starts at the follicle, so it’s essential to keep it healthy.
Natural Ingredients For The Follicle Include:
- Vitamins B-Complex, B1, B2, B3, B6, B12 –– Helps follicles regrow
- Kelp –– Regulates resting time in follicle, which promotes new growth
- Pantothenic Acid –– Keeps the scalp and follicles clear of dandruff and oil
- Zinc –– Builds healthy cells and hydrates
- Borage Oil –– Omega-6 fatty acid that reduces follicle inflammation
Most importantly: Saw Palmetto –– Blocks DHT and stops shrinkage. This is the natural version of Minoxidil (the active ingredient in Rogaine).
Grow Stronger Hair.
If you're struggling with breakage and split ends, you may need to strengthen your hair cortex.
Natural Ingredients That Help Strengthen Hair Include:
- Biotin –– Stops breakage by promoting hair elasticity
- Vitamin E –– Helps protect and strengthen hair from breakage
- Horsetail Herb –– Helps speed up the hair growth process
- Bamboo Extract –– Contains silica, which promotes calcium absorption
Additionally, folic acid has been proven as a treatment for hair loss diseases like alopecia.
Try to avoid cheap hidden synthetic fillers, binders and artificial ingredients. Many companies claiming to be all-natural will sneak them in. These ingredients are often found in the tiny print at the bottom of the label. Some have been linked to cancer and other serious illnesses. Try to avoid these synthetic additives: microcrystalline cellulose, magnesium stearate, gelatin capsules, silicon dioxide, chromium and artificial food colors.
3 Biggest Myths About Hair Growth
Before going into the specifics of our methodology, we would like to dispel some of the more common hair growth myths.
Our Unique Research Procedure
We conducted in-house research to verify that the ingredients in the supplement were the same as claimed on the label. We also surveyed readers who have tried the product and learned from their experiences.
After months of analysis, we determined the best hair growth vitamin on the market today.
Top 3 Hair Growth Vitamins For 2017
We've compiled this list after testing over 60 different brands of hair vitamins for potency, ingredients that are clinically proven to work and user satisfaction.
The Hair Growth Vitamins We Tested
- Hair La Vie
- Hair Essentials
- Mane Choice
- Sugar Bear Hair
- Maxi Hair Vitamins
- Silk Advanced Biotin Complex
La Muse Beauty is number one and here's why.
- It contains 20 of the clinically proven active ingredients that healthy hair needs to be repaired and grow. More than any other on the market today.
- Ingredients include the vital 5000mcg of biotin, saw palmetto, organic kelp and folic acid.
- It has absolutely NO synthetic fillers, binders or artificial ingredients, and even its capsules are made of vegetable cellulose.
- Hair La Vie has many positive user reviews and user experiences.
- Its customer service team is knowledgeable and easy to contact.
- It stands behind its product with a strong, 90-day, no-hassle money-back guarantee.
* * * EXCLUSIVE Special Offer For First-Time Users ONLY * * *
Purchase Discount Hair La Vie Now >>
LIMITED OFFER DISCOUNT FROM HAIR LA VIE
Viviscal missed out on being number one and here's why.
- Viviscal is a well-known, popular brand but user reviews show a recent formula change
- This only offers 120mcg of biotin, way under the daily recommended dosage for hair growth.
- It does contain shark powder for some unknown reason but does not have any saw palmetto or folic acid.
- It has many synthetic fillers including, magnesium stearate, silicon dioxide and maltodextrin.
- It uses tablets that may not dissolve properly instead of all-natural, quick-dissolving veggie capsules.
Here's why Natural Wellbeing's came in third:
- It provides a specialized vitamin blend formulated by doctors
- However, it contains magnesium stearate, silicon dioxide, cellulose, and other potentially harmful additives
- Consumers reported inconsistent results, and some felt it didn't do anything for them.
- It only contains 350 mcg of biotin, which isn't enough to see a real change in hair and nails
- It redeems itself with a solid 90-day 100% money-back guarantee.
What We Do
ConsumersSurvey uses a unique three-step approach to reviewing the most popular products in the online marketplace
1. Research First we conduct in-house research with a highly qualified editorial team comprised of individuals who specialize in various fields.
2. SurveyWe survey our readers who have tried the product over time in order to learn from their experiences.
3. OpinionWe monitor public opinion in the world’s most popular marketplaces, from Amazon and eBay, to Bizrate and Pricegrabber.