Consumers Survey: Top Existing
Hair Growth Vitamins of 2017
Hair Thinning??? Hair Loss? Damaged Hair? Slow Hair Growth? Discover the Best Hair Vitamin on the Market Today.
It doesn't matter if your hair is thinning, not growing fast enough, damaged from over-styling or you're dealing with balding - the key to hair restoration is getting the proper nutrients to help the regrowth process.
The main way women today are getting these necessary nutrients is through specially designed hair growth vitamins.
Consumers' Survey has spent months compiling extensive research in this extremely competitive category. Read more about how we chose our top hair vitamin below.
What You Should Be Looking For In A Hair Vitamin.
Ingredients matter the most when it comes to hair growth vitamins.
With so many different formulas and false promises saturating the hair growth market today, it's important to know what to look for in a vitamin. Hair vitamins work from the inside out. Our comprehensive research revealed that a great, all-natural hair vitamin should have many, if not all of the ingredients below to help the hair repair cycle. These ingredients have been tested in third-party labs and proven to help hair repair and hair growth.
Start at the scalp.
It's important for your scalp to be hydrated, clean and thriving in order to grow healthy hair. If your scalp is dry, flaky or covered in grease, oil and other debris, your hair is not going to grow properly and will most likely cause your follicles to shrink or become inflamed.
Natural ingredients that help the scalp include:
- *Biotin. (Hydrates the scalp, preventing dryness and buildup)
- Vitamin A. (A natural antioxidant that helps boost the regulation of your scalps skin cells)
- Vitamin K. (Helps keep skin soft and hydrated)
- Pantothenic Acid. (Keeps the scalp and follicles clear of dandruff, oil and other debris)
- Methylsulfonylmethane or MSM. (Builds collagen and keratin which helps to hydrate the scalp)
- Flax Seed Oil. (Contains omega-3 fatty acids which regulate sebum oil in the scalp which in return increases the scalp's hydration and relieves dryness)
*The minimum clinically tested daily amount needed to aid hair growth is 2500mcg. Anything less will not be effective for hair growth.
Repair and protect the follicle.
If your hair is damaged, thinning or growing slowly, your follicles are most likely damaged or have shrunk. Follicles are where your hair grows, so it is extremely important to keep them healthy and happy. Once you repair these follicles, your hair will begin to grow in fuller and faster. These are the essential ingredients.
Natural ingredients that help the follicle include:
- Vitamins B-Complex, B1, B2, B3, B6, B12 (Helps follicles flourish and regrow when shrunken)
- Kelp (Regulates resting time in follicle helping the follicle to become active again)
- *Saw Palmetto (Blocks DHT, stops shrinkage allowing follicle to thrive)
- Pantothenic Acid (Keeps the scalp and follicles clear of dandruff, oil and other debris)
- Zinc (Builds healthy cells and hydrates)
- Borage Oil (Omega-6 fatty acid which reduced inflammation of follicles)
*This is the natural version of Minoxidil (the active ingredient in Rogaine). It's one of the most important ingredients in an all-natural hair vitamin.
Grow stronger hair.
If you're having trouble with your hair breaking, split ends or damaged hair, it is important for you to grow hair with a strong cortex. When your scalp and follicles are repaired, you will begin to grow thicker, stronger hair and having these vitamins will help.
Natural ingredients that help the hair include:
- Biotin (Stops breakage by strengthening the elasticity of your hair's cortex)
- Vitamin E (Helps protect and strengthen hair from breakage)
- Horsetail Herb (Helps speed up the hair growth process and strengthen the elasticity)
- Bamboo Extract (Contains silica, which helps ingestion of calcium, which helps build strong teeth and bones)
Additionally, folic acid has been proven as a treatment for hair loss diseases like alopecia.
Beware of cheap hidden synthetic fillers, binders and artificial ingredients. A lot of companies claim to be all-natural but are not. These cheap ingredients are often found in tiny print at the bottom of the label. Some are very unhealthy and have been linked to cancer and other serious illnesses. These synthetic ingredients include: microcrystalline cellulose, magnesium stearate, gelatin capsules, silicon dioxide, chromium and artificial food colors.
3 Biggest Myths About Hair Growth
Before going into the specifics of our methodology, we would like to dispel some of the more common hair growth myths.
Top 3 Hair Growth Vitamins For 2017
We've compiled this list after testing over 60 different brands of hair vitamins for potency, ingredients that are clinically proven to work and user satisfaction.
The Hair Growth Vitamins We Tested
- Hair La Vie
- Mane Choice
- Sugar Bear Hair
- Silk Advanced Biotin Complex
- Hair Essentials
- Maxi Hair Vitamins
- Seanu Hair Supplement
- Nzuri Hair Vitamins
- Vibrance Vitamins for Hair Growth
Top Picks are updated monthly based on testing and analyses:
La Muse Beauty is number one and here's why.
- It contains 20 of the clinically proven active ingredients that healthy hair needs to be repaired and grow. More than any other on the market today.
- Ingredients include the vital 5000mcg of biotin, saw palmetto, organic kelp and folic acid.
- It has absolutely NO synthetic fillers, binders or artificial ingredients, and even its capsules are made of vegetable cellulose.
- Hair La Vie has many positive user reviews and user experiences.
- Its customer service team is knowledgeable and easy to contact.
- It stands behind its product with a strong, 90-day, no-hassle money-back guarantee.
* * * EXCLUSIVE Special Offer For First-Time Users ONLY * * *
Purchase Discount Hair La Vie Now >>
LIMITED OFFER DISCOUNT FROM HAIR LA VIE
Viviscal missed out on being number one and here's why.
- Viviscal is a well-known, popular brand but user reviews show a recent formula change
- This only offers 120mcg of biotin, way under the daily recommended dosage for hair growth.
- It does contain shark powder for some unknown reason but does not have any saw palmetto or folic acid.
- It has many synthetic fillers including, magnesium stearate, silicon dioxide and maltodextrin.
- It uses tablets that may not dissolve properly instead of all-natural, quick-dissolving veggie capsules.
Unfortunately, Hairfinity came in third place and here's why.
- Hairfinity is a very popular brand but they only contain 12 of the active ingredients mentioned above.
- Consumers have reported terrible breakouts and hair thinning after using the product.
- This product does not contain saw palmetto or kelp.
- It is not all-natural because it contains the cheap filler magnesium stearate.
- Hairfinity does not have veggie capsules, its capsules are made with beef bovine gelatin (which is not included on its label).
- It only offers a short 30-day, conditional guarantee.
What We Do
ConsumersSurvey uses a unique three-step approach to reviewing the most popular products in the online marketplace
1. Research First we conduct in-house research with a highly qualified editorial team comprised of individuals who specialize in various fields.
2. SurveyWe survey our readers who have tried the product over time in order to learn from their experiences.
3. OpinionWe monitor public opinion in the world’s most popular marketplaces, from Amazon and eBay, to Bizrate and Pricegrabber.