Consumer Survey's Top Krill Oil Supplements For 2019
Discover the best krill oil on the market today.Updated 02/18/2019
Krill oil is the latest "buzzword" in health. In fact, it seems like every month new research is being released on the benefits of taking a krill oil supplement.
There are so many different krill oil supplements, it makes it impossible to separate the good from the bad. Are you trying to figure out which krill oil supplement is the best? Keep reading, we have the answers you're looking for.
Consumers' Survey Research Group has gathered months of research in this competitive category. This guide will help you find out what you need to know when selecting an effective krill oil supplement and how we chose our top 3.
Top 6 Questions to Ask Before Purchasing a Krill Oil Supplement
What amount of krill oil does it have?
This number directly impacts the effectiveness of the product. Many products try to skate by with a small amount of krill oil and a large amount of additives. In order for the product to work, you need a supplement with at least 1500 mgs of krill oil.
Does It Contain Phospholipids?
We need help absorbing EPA and DHA. That's where phospholipids come in. Try to find a formula with at least 500 mg of phospholipids for real absorption power.
How Much Astaxanthin Does It Offer?
Our bodies don't naturally produce this powerful antioxidant, but it's found in high quantities in lobster, crayfish and krill. Astaxanthin boosts skin health and has been shown to increase good cholesterol levels. To see results, you need at least 2 mg of astaxanthin per serving.
Is it lemon coated?
Our research has revealed many krill oil users are concerned with a fishy taste and fishy burps. Some krill oils have begun offering lemon flavored coating to help resolve this issue. If this is important to you look for the lemon coated supplements.
Does it have synthetic ingredients?
Often when you pay less for a supplement, manufacturers cut costs by putting a lot of cheap fillers in the product. Look at the "other" ingredients section for unnecessary ingredients.
Here's a list of ingredients to watch out for:
What's the product guarantee?
Consider it a red flag if a brand doesn't back their products with a decent guarantee that gives you a chance to try the product with the ease of knowing that if it doesn't work, you can easily return it.
3 Biggest Myths About Krill Oil
Here's where we would like to dispel some of the more common omega-3 supplement myths.
Myth #1: You can just eat fish for omegas.
Many people believe you can just take a cheap fish oil supplement or have a diet rich in fish. Unfortunately, a large majority of fish today are raised on fish farms. The fish on these farms are fed grain-rich diets as opposed to the omega rich diets of wild-caught fish. This is why farmed fish do not have the same level of omegas as wild fish. 2
Myth #2: Only people worried about their heart should take omegas.
Omegas are great for heart health but their benefits are far and wide. Clinical evidence suggests that omegas EPA and DHA omega-3 fatty acids may help reduce the risk factors for heart disease, including high cholesterol and high blood pressure. 4 Research also shows that omegas can reduce inflammation and appear to be important for cognitive (brain memory and performance) and behavioral function. 1,3
Myth #3: All omega-3 sources are the same.
Not all omega-3 sources absorb into your body the same. Krill oil is a phospholipid omega-3 based oil that makes it much easier to absorb into your body. Krill oil also includes the amazing antioxidant astaxanthin. This antioxidant is not found in fish oil, algae oil or mussel oil. Finally, krill oil is harvested in Antarctica far from the toxins invading most other oceans today. 4
Top 3 Krill Oils For 2019
We've compiled this list after testing over 60 different brands of omegas for potency, ingredients that are clinically proven to work and user satisfaction.
Consumers Survey Recommended
- 1600 mg
- 270mg of EPA and 180mg of DHA
- 2mg of Astaxanthin
- 550mg of Phospholipids
- Third-party tested
- 100% natural
- 90-day money-back
Call 1MD Toll Free:
- Uses a clinically studied krill oil formula that has been certified by the IFOS (The International Fish Oil Standard program that certifies purity, potency and freshness)
- Lemon oil coated, easy to swallow pills
- 1600 mg of Pure Krill Oil with 270 mg of EPA and 180 mg of DHA, 550 mg phospholipids, and 2mg astaxanthin
- Made with a safe Multi Stage Oil (MSO®) extraction process
- Zero synthetic ingredients and 100% natural
- 90-Day unconditional 100% money-back return policy
- Made in the USA
- Free shipping available
**EXCLUSIVE Special Offer For First-Time Users ONLY**
Purchase Discount Omega Now >>
LIMITED OFFER DISCOUNT FROM 1MD
- "Omega-3 Fatty Acids: An Essential Contribution." Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health. N.p., n.d. https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/omega-3-fats/.
- “Fish Farms Become Feedlots of the Sea” http://www.latimes.coCicero, Arrigo FG, and Alessandro Colletti.
- "Krill oil: evidence of a new source of polyunsaturated fatty acids with high bioavailability." (2015). m/nation/la-me-salmon9dec09-story.html
- Gerster, Helga. "Can adults adequately convert a-linolenic acid (18: 3n-3) to eicosapentaenoic acid (20: 5n-3) and docosahexaenoic acid (22: 6n-3)?."International Journal for Vitamin and Nutrition Research 68.3 (1998): 159-173.
What We Do
ConsumersSurvey uses a unique three-step approach to reviewing the most popular products in the online marketplace
1. Research First we conduct in-house research with a highly qualified editorial team comprised of individuals who specialize in various fields.
2. SurveyWe survey our readers who have tried the product over time in order to learn from their experiences.
3. OpinionWe monitor public opinion in the world’s most popular marketplaces, from Amazon and eBay, to Bizrate and Pricegrabber.